Fill form to unlock content
Error - something went wrong!
In this course, power expert Bill Griffith takes us on a deep dive into bench power supply best practices. Starting with the bench power supply basics, we'll move on to cover advanced topics and use models that will prepare you for any test challenge thrown your way.
Bench power supplies are a staple on any test bench - regardless of industry, application, and era. Every electrical engineer has hands-on experience working with a bench power supply, but not everyone knows how to get the most out of one. Hidden beneath a seemingly-simple user interface is a suite of technology and capability that will make your testing easier, safer, and faster.
Who should take Bench Power Supply Basics?
This course is designed for engineers that use a bench power supply to design, verify, manufacture, and test their products.
Keysight expert Bill Griffith taps decades of power supply experience to walk ys through the fundamental technology behind bench power supplies, best practices for using power supplies, and tips & tricks for getting the most out of your power supply.
- Essential power supply considerations
- Basic power supply specs
- Linear vs. switching power supplies
- Using & understanding constant voltage (CV) and constant current (CC) modes
- Power supply readback
- Using remote sense connections to supply accurate current
- Combining multiple outputs together to get more power
- The effect of temperature
- Transient response and load regulation
- Tips for working with noise sensitive devices
- Powering low-power devices
- Characterizing power use over time
- Output list mode
- Output synchronization