Fill form to unlock content
Error - something went wrong!
Lesson 1 - Introduction - Sensor Measurements using a DMM
In this course, you will learn:
- The various types of sensors that are available in the market and how they are transforming our world
- The critical parameters of a sensor irrespective of its physical measurement types
- Key considerations to choose the right digital multimeter (DMM) for your sensor testing and characterization
- Discover methods on characterizing and troubleshooting a sensor using a DMM
Why is it important to learn the fundamentals of sensor measurements using a DMM?
Sensors permeate everything in our daily lives. A mobile phone alone has dozens of sensors, including audio, touch screens, radio frequency, proximity, gyroscope positioning, ambient light, and more. Our homes have but are not limited to temperature sensors, security image sensors and biometric door sensors. The use of sensor continues to grow. A product designer needs to know how to:
- Characterize various types of sensors
- Troubleshoot a fail sensor
- Improve the reliability and safety of your product design
- Choose the right instrument for your sensor testing needs
Who should take Basics of Sensor Measurements Using a Digital Multimeter
This course is designed for engineering students, product designers. product developers, innovators, or even hobbyists who want to incorporate sensors into their products. It's imperative to ensure you're choosing the right sensors for the job. Often you will need to take a large amount of data to further characterize your sensors so you're able to optimize the performance of your product.
- Growth in the sensor market
- Types of sensor
- Key parameters across all sensors
- Considerations in choosing the right digital multimeter
- Tips on overcoming modern sensor challenges