Confidently design and debug your high-speed digital systems by learning how to identify, visualize, and analyze sources of jitter. Knowing the different components of jitter becomes more important as signal speeds become faster. Understanding how to use different graphs and plots to both identify jitter sources and quickly analyze this data is a key skill for engineers working with digital systems. This course will explore different sources of jitter and how to view jitter on an oscilloscope using various methods that provide quick insight into the root cause of jitter in a system.
Who should take Jitter Analysis Using Oscilloscopes?
This course is designed for any engineer interested in learning about jitter and how to perform jitter analysis using an oscilloscope.
- What is jitter?
- Tools to help you see jitter better
- Demo time! Viewing edge-to-edge jitter on the oscilloscope
- Components of total jitter (TJ)
- Unbounded random jitter (RJ)
- Analyzing serial data jitter: software clock recovery and jitter plots
- Duty-cycle-distortion (DCD)
- Inter-symbol interference (ISI)
- Periodic jitter (PJ)
- Demo time! Analyzing serial data jitter on the oscilloscope
- Advanced jitter analysis with separation