- Monitor Your Satellite Spectrum for Problems
Why Spectrum Monitoring Is Important (11 min)
Detecting and Analyzing Signals (15 min)
- Training Resources & Survey
Survey - Help Us Improve This Course!
Monitor Your Satellite Spectrum for Problems
The crowding of the satellite spectrum underscores the need for monitoring tools.
In this course, we'll explore how the crowding of the electromagnetic spectrum underscores the need for spectrum monitoring tools.
Why Monitor Your Satellite Spectrum for Problems?
Using spectrum monitoring, a service provider or regulator can see and evaluate their particular signals. Signals and frequencies have been allocated to them to deliver particular services. Monitoring involves regularly detecting spectral activity and detecting parameters from those signals, such as verifying frequency of operation, bandwidth, and transmitted power levels. As the satellite spectrum becomes more crowded, it is vital that companies providing satellite services monitor their downlinks.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for engineers working on satellite services or networks, such as 5G non-terrestrial networks.
- the difference between spectrum monitoring and signal analysis
- existing and emerging trends in co-existing communications bands
- the challenges that you need to overcome to identify and locate interferers