- Introduction: Understanding 5G New Radio (NR) Standards—A Primer
- 5G NR Technology Overview
An Intro to 5G Technology (8 min)
New Radio Non-Standalone and Standalone Differences (2 min)
Carrier Aggregation & Bandwidth Adaptation (4 min)
Numerology & Frame Structure (5 min)
Waveforms & Modulations (2 min)
Protocol Structures, Layers, Signals & Channels (6 min)
Beams, Beamforming & Beam Management (7 min)
- Final Quiz & Training Resources
Understanding 5G New Radio (NR) Standards—A Primer Quiz
- Certificate and Survey
Certificate of Completion
Survey - Help Us Improve This Course!
Understanding 5G New Radio (NR) Standards—A Primer (EB)
Go in-depth into 5G NR standards, from carrier aggregation to beamforming
Gain a great baseline understanding of 5G, the next generation of wireless technology, and how it applies to a variety of different industry use cases.
Why Understanding 5G NR Standards—A Primer?
In this course, you will learn about the fundamentals of 5G New Radio (known as NR), including topics like beamforming, carrier aggregation and bandwidth adaptation, waveforms and modulations, and more. It's a great way to get a technical understanding of 5G.
Who should take this course?
This course is designed for:
- 5G design, design validation and test engineers at chipset manufacturers, device makers, NEMs, and MNOs
- 5G manufacturing test engineers at chipset manufacturers, device makers, NEMs
- 5G field engineers/technicians at NEMs and MNOs
- A summary of 5G technology
- NR non-standalone & standalone modes
- Carrier aggregation & bandwidth adaptation
- Numerology & frame structure
- Waveforms & modulations
- Protocol structures, layers, signals & channels
- Beams, beamforming & beam management